Sunday, August 15, 2010

I have AVG antivirus...?

and it have recently found the virus named "trojan horse" in my computer. Now, it is in the virus vault, but i don't know how to heal this problem... What do i have to do?



I feel stupid right now... Plz any help?



I have AVG antivirus...?norton 360



This may be what is known as a "false positive," meaning that AVG appears to falsely identify a file or routine as a virus or trojan horse.



Click the first link in the Sources for a list of AVG/SHeur references that indicate a false positive.



This doesn't always mean there's nothing to worry about, so I wouldn't dismiss the report from AVG out of hand. However, I suggest you go to Trend Micro's online scanner, called "HouseCall," to perform a free online scan; similarly, Symantec offers free online scans, as well.



Perhaps the solution for you may be to try a new antivirus application, such as Avast, Trend Micro, Norton or Kaspersky.



--------------



Add: I'm not familiar with PC Tools. My preference is Trend Micro or Kaspersky, but there are many other legitimate types of AV scanners.



http://antivirus-software.topchoicerevie...



Also: Remember to use a software firewall, such as ZoneAlarm (which also offers a free version); essential, if you don't already have one.



(Your questions aren't "stupid"; they're great questions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment