Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are online antivirus tools such as AVG and Avast better than the bought ones?

I'm using AVG because its free and won't slow my PC like Norton can. Is this a good thing?



Are online antivirus tools such as AVG and Avast better than the bought ones?ktm



I have had two of the highest dollar anit-virus services on board my system at one time or another and both of them were a pain to work with !! On my last trip out with a paid service I had a downloaded Trojan that was detected and the service that I had actually put up a window that said that they couldn't do anything with the problem program !! I had to search it down and take personal action against this bug that gave me considerable grief and caused the loss of two extremely valuable files !! Less than a week after that incident ---- I had that same paid service --- go up on price to me and immediately begin to hound me for money !!! That was the taker !!



I have been with AVG Free ever since--- have not had a single problem with it--- and with the newest version (loaded IT early in the month of December) have even seen smoother operation of the service with quicker scans ---- fast and reliable Email scanning and faster update times----So, I sure that anyone paying out major money FOR one of these others is going to give you the ''I've got the best and I think.......'' but--- they can just continue to pay--- I'm sticking with AVG and I'm satisfied with it totally !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment